Reporting directly to the CFO, it is the primary responsibility of the Vice President of Procurement to develop and implement procurement operations objectives, i.e. to automate, standardize and simplify the functions operations with the goal of increasing profits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage an acceptable level of inventory which best enhances the company’s financial position. Negotiate with vendors for best price and program.
- Dispose of proprietary inventory of lost customers.
- Manage inventory dollar levels to achieve optimum cash flow and service level.
- Interact with customers and vendors in a friendly, timely and quality manner; ensure customers’ and vendors’ questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain fill rate service levels to company’s standards.
- Establish procedures which increase the efficiency of the purchasing department and allow the department to function at the highest level of productivity.
- Improve purchasing strategies and processes based upon knowledge of the food distribution industry.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and continued development in the foodservice industry.
- Responsible for managing the marketing / merchandising function.
- Supervises team members to include, but not limited to: staffing, training, coaching, performance management and problem resolution.
Preferred Education & Experience
Casino/hospitality experience required. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams, and leading through influence. Proven track record of being able to bring a company to scale. Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills. Minimum age requirement is 21.
Four-year degree in Procurement, Business Management or equivalent, plus 7-10 years management experience and a minimum of 10 years related food service experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Must obtain and maintain appropriate licensing with the State Gaming Board and Alcohol Awareness Card.
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members. The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics required are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.
This top-rated Nevada casino-resort is always at the top of the list in the region for customer experience. Join our team and help us continue to lead the industry.