Under general supervision of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, conducts advanced financial, labor, marketing, budgeting, and technical analysis of all gaming and related operations in order to ensure maximum efficiency and earning potential.
- Provides timely and accurate analytical reports.
- Assists the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis with the timely flow of business intelligence to users through data extraction and report development.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts and prepares analytical reports related to gaming activities, non-gaming activities, labor management, marketing efficiency, budgeting, and financial forecasting.
- Use existing databases to create reports and answer key questions about slot performance, table games performance, poker, and bingo performance.
- Performs Labor analysis through trending and scheduling to ensure labor and cost efficiencies in all areas of the casino properties.
- Review and monitor results of marketing promotions (post forma analysis) and projects to ensure effectiveness and revenue generating impact.
- Assist with data flow and input into the data warehouse and ad hoc databases.
- Conduct data mining/extraction and report development from various data sources.
- Assist with verification of data integrity of financial, gaming, non-gaming, labor, and marketing systems.
- Familiarize, review, and improve each process that contributes to data storage within the data warehouse; recommend process improvements.
- Assists in the development and deployment of the annual operating budget.
- Assist in the creation and evaluation of ROI reports for capital projects.
- Conduct and report on financial pro-forma analysis.
- Assist FP&A Director with updating and managing the Enterprise forecasting tools.
- Assist FP&A Director with timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
- Performs trend analysis of revenue generating departments
- Maintains machine master report and performance summary.
- Monitor, investigate, and report significant variances compared to the operating budget and operational projections and prior year results.
- Creates, generates and interprets specialized gaming operational performance reports within established timeframes.
- Provides input to ensure effective tactical and strategic plans are implemented and designed to maximize both short and long-term operating profitability.
- Verifies and ensures Enterprise compliance with loan covenants, grant agreements, and other Enterprise contracts.
- Reviews audit findings and collaborates with senior management to mitigate findings going forward.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications and establishing networks.
- Keep apprised of Indian Gaming and the general gaming & hospitality industry market.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Computer Information Systems,
- Five years’ experience in an analytical role involving accounting, finance, operations, and database administration.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- No felony, theft or stealing convictions.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Advanced skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
- Advanced skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Skills in use of SQL, macros and scripts.
- Ability to draw conclusions based on incomplete data.
- Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
- Skill in statistical compilation and analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to interpret significant relationships.
- Ability to manage numerous projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Consistent with federal law, it is the policy of the Employer to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified tribal members, tribal member spouses, and non-member American Indians.
Enjoy the rewards of a business culture that provides opportunity for advancement to those who excel.