Under general direction of the General Manager, responsible for managing and providing strategic leadership for all Food and Beverage operations in the casino. Ensures that all food and beverage operations are executed to achieve established quality, service, safety and financial goals and objectives and in accordance with all applicable established laws and regulations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops the food and beverage strategic plans, policies, and programs, for the execution of operations, inventory, and cost controls to maximize profitability and accomplish F & B goals and objectives.
- Forecasts, implements, monitors, controls and reports on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses.
- Maintains an appropriate organizational structure to support the needs of the food and beverage operations; ensures adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
- Evaluates food and beverage operations in the casino; recommends improvements in support of established goals and objectives.
- Assures maintenance of high standards of quality in the Food and Beverage operations to maintain its competitive status in the marketplace.
- Works with chefs in the creation and planning of menus and daily specials to maximize sales and respond to customer demand.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department to plan events and promotions that include Food and Beverage; assists in the development of advertising, promotions and concepts to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market maximizing sales.
- Oversees and monitors the maintenance and sanitation of the food and beverage outlets and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure a safe work environment.
- Implements a work safety program to minimize work-related accidents.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing and administering the food and beverage budgets; directs the preparation of budgets for individual casino properties.
- Increases staff effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; integrating functional objectives; providing and participating in educational opportunities.
- Hosts regular staff meetings to ensure communication between personnel and food and beverage operations.
- Keeps leadership informed of status of food and beverage activities by attending meetings and submitting reports.
- Contributes to the organization’s effectiveness by offering information and opinion as a member of management team; integrating objectives with other functions; accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and principles by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant, Hotel or Institutional Management or related field plus eight years progressive work experience in food and beverage operations to include five years in supervisory capacity. Valid driver’s license. Must be 21 years of age. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices within the food and beverage/hospitality industries.
Knowledge of food service quality and safety standards.
Knowledge of the cost analysis techniques, principles and practices of management accounting, finance, and business administration.
Knowledge of the development, preparation, and control of budgets.
Knowledge of managerial and statistical analysis techniques and reporting procedures.
Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, presentation software (such as PowerPoint).
Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to create and present effective speeches and presentations.
Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
Ability to manage a number of priorities simultaneously.
Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
Ability to ensure user compliance with the requirements of the gaming compact.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for prolonged periods, walk and stand; use hands for dexterity of motion; stoop, bend, kneel or crouch, and have normal auditory, visual acuity, and verbal communications skills. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Occasional work is performed in kitchen areas with exposure to heat, cold, fumes and steam and Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a high noise level. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required. Tight time constraints and multiple demands are common.
Offering a great work environment for all its employees, while assuring excellent customer service to all its guests. The management team offers quality leadership and promotes growth in all departments.